Case study of EPC Projects: Big equipment Transportation in difficult access areas, cost overrun, and schedule delays. Take a look at the article here.
EPC projects are highly schedule driven. In order to complete these massive projects early as possible, the different phases of the project are overlapped. However, EPC projects still face challenges with a cost overrun and schedule delays. A case study on problems and practices in EPC project management has revealed that one of the sources of these challenges is related to material and equipment. Transportation is one of the big issues here.
EPC Projects (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction)Let’s see a case study EPC project of Copper Concentrator Plant located in Central Chile shown in the figure below.
- Two sites connected by a 57 km pipeline
- 8,000,000 cubic meters of earth-works
- 400,000 cubic meters of structural concrete
- 18 tons of structural steel
- 1,200+ Equipment tag items
- 120,000 meters of piping (1,700 line nos.)
- Plant capacity: 110,000 tons per day
- Investment $2.5B