Product traceability is becoming increasingly important in the control of production processes and the marketing of products. Can you come up with a reliable and low-cost sensorization and data-collecting solutions to monitor the status of a product at all times?
Join the challenge (click on the button below), register, and download the complete description of this competition.
The first deadline for submissions is 16th of December.
Summary of the Product Traceability Challenge
With the emergence of the fourth industrial revolution, product design, manufacturing, and selling are changing radically thanks to a much more flexible production, customization, “zero lot” manufacturing, time to market, etc.
This light, flexible, and smart manufacturing requires the greatest amount of information about the products throughout the entire production process and how the variables affect the final product and the behavior of the process itself.
Consequently, product traceability has become an indispensable requirement within the value chain,
Since traditional traceability solutions do no longer work in the headliner manufacturing industry, some factors need to be considered:
- Direct contact with chemical agents such as adhesives
- Forming process next to the piece, being able to reach high radius and angles.
- High pressures
- High temperature gradients
- Sudden movements
- Industrial environments, with the presence of machinery.
- Storage in metal cage type containers.
What the client is looking for
The challenge is to find a “sensorization and data collection ” solution that can gather this information in a database for each product and support the environmental requirements of each step of the process.
The solution must be environmentally friendly and sustainable.
Submissions will be assessed according to the following criteria, in order of importance:
- No human intervention during data collection.
- Ability to ensure the veracity of the information.
- Lowest possible cost due to expected high production volumes.
- Ability to ensure the physical integrity of the solution after the physicochemical requests to which it will be submitted in the process.
- Other requirements (read the entire description)
This is a one-round challenge with the following deadlines:
● 6 weeks + 4 weeks for evaluation
Prizes: 10,000 EUR
The award for the best solution which complies with the evaluation criteria: 8,000 EUR.
The second and third best solutions will also receive 1,000 EUR each.
Grupo Antolin may be interested in further collaborating with the participants in the development of the proposed solutions. In such case, specific terms would be agreed for ruling such collaboration.