Propose a game to understand the role of a National Electricity Operator.
The activity and challenges of a National Electricity Operator are not well known by electricity consumers. However their activity is key to ensure the wellbeing of individuals and needs of industries and services.
Our client, a National Electricity Operator, wants to develop a game around “electricity system operation” to help the general public gain a broad understanding of the importance of their role.
Therefore, we are looking for the design of an engaging game to serve for this purpose.
The game should consider related Electricity System features such as:
- Conventional (nuclear, thermal…) and Sustainable (Hydraulics, Eolic, Solar…) generation systems and self-generation systems (Solar)
- Consumption points such as big and small cities, industries…
- Electricity grid, including high voltage network transmission.
- International exchange according to contracts and needs.
Electricity generation and consumption depends on many variables, such as weather (e.g. air-conditioning use during summer periods or wind intensity for Eolic generation), events (football or any other entertainment), and many others.
These variables should be considered for a realistic game proposal.
To start getting familiar about the role of a National Electricity Operator read this other post!
Submissions will be assessed according to:
- Learning experience for the user
- The game should be engaging, attractive for the user
- Realistic with the National operation activity
9.000 € cash prize for the winner
This is a creative challenge! Please help us invent a new game to enjoy simulating the activity of a National Electricity Operator!